Friday, June 4, 2010

To Buy or Not to Buy, That is the Question!!!

A few months ago I went to Garden Ridge and found this beautiful fabric. It has all the colors that I enjoy putting in my home, the olive greens, golds and deep reds. I debated whether to buy it or not. I thought it would make beautiful throw pillows for a couch but my couch is plaid and would clash. I kept trying to think of something to make but couldn't think of ANYTHING! Finally, since I was getting 2 yards for only 6 BUCKS I just couldn't pass it by!!


I finally came up with an idea to make some runners for my tables. I went to my local Tuesday Morning and bought some tassels and made a runner for my entry table. I never realized I needed anything on this table but now I just love it. I can't imagine my table without it. Tuesday Morning has some very nice tassels and they are very affordable.



I also made one for my dining room table. Boy, were my tables missing something!

I just love my table runners and believe it or not I still have some fabric left. I have some boring bar stools that I want to recover the seat cushion with. My only problem now is getting the dear hubby to get one fixed. It broke sometime around January and it is still on my honey-do list! As soon as I get it fixed I will show you what they look like. I hope you all have a great weekend. I am getting ready to go have lunch with my sweet hubby and then off to do some Goodwill shopping. I am hoping for some great finds!!





2 comments:

  1. Paula the new fabric is very beautiful! I just adore the sage colors and the design. I need something just like it for the front foyer table. I have just rearranged it last night and I am thinking I need a pretty new runner for it. Thank you for the great inspiration!
    Your entire home is gorgeous!

    Blessings to you and yours. ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new runners are just beautiful - what a great way to incorporate that wonderful fabric into your home! Good luck at Goodwill!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete